If you are an owner of any Samsung smartphone or tablet, you would have an idea about Odin. It is a highly useful tool that is used to detect your Samsung device when it is in download mode and it helps flash files that are in .tar, or .tar.md5 extension. This tool was developed by Samsung and it was originally meant to be used only at the service centres of Samsung but it was somehow leaked online and the Odin tool we use these days is the leaked version that was never distributed publicly.
Odin is the first thing that you must download before you are installing Samsung’s stock firmware. It is a free tool and works well with Windows but you can also use it with Mac and Linux. Most Android devices have a Bootloader Mode with options such as Fastboot and Recovery integrated into the interface. However, Samsung Galaxy devices are different as you are required to use different key combinations for booting the device into Odin and Recovery Mode.
Today, in this post, we will be showing you how you can easily download the Odin Flash Tool for Samsung Galaxy devices (all versions).
Below is a list of all versions of Odin available for download
- Odin_v1.85.zip (recommended for Gingerbread/Ice Cream Sandwich firmwares)
- Odin3_v3.09.zip (recommended for JellyBean/KitKat firmwares)
- Odin3_v3.10.7.zip (recommended for Lollipop firmwares)
- Odin3_v3.11.1.zip (latest version recommended for flashing Marshmallow firmware)
- Odin3_v3.13.1.zip (latest)
How to Install Odin On Windows 7/8/10
Step 1.First Download the Odin Flash Tool .Zip File From the download section.
Step 2.Once Odin zip file is downloaded to your computer, unzip it with any unzipping app like Winrar or 7Zip
Step 3.Once the Odin zip file is unzipped, open the Odin Folder. There should be two files 1) Odin.ini 2) odin.exe
Step 4.Now right click On Odin.exe file and run as administer
Step 5.Now a Pop-up will appear saying “Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device “, just click on” Yes“.
Step 6.Now Odin should open to its main menu (see the image below)
Step 7.Done!!! You have successfully Installed Odin On your PC / Laptop.
How to Install A Stock Firmware Using Odin
- First download the right Firmware according to your device’s model number. If it is .Zip file then extract it, you will get .tar or .tar.md5.
- Download and Unzip the Odin 3.12.3 .zip (or Latest Odin) file and run/open the odin.exe file from the extracted files on your PC.
- Now Boot your Samsung device into Download Mode.(First power off your device and then press, Volume Down + Power + Home. Press Volume Up now to continue to Download Mode)
- Then simply connect the phone to your PC via the use of USB cable and the ODIN would notify an added message.
- After that, choose AP in Odin and select the firmware file in which you have downloaded. (Will be in .tar.md5 format)
- Now click the “Start” button at the bottom of the ODIN screen to start the process. Now the flashing process will start on your phone and this will take some time.
- Once completed, your phone will reboot.
- Now your device should have the Stock Firmware running.